Great for professional riders and riders who are doing highly demanding competition riding with your horses.
THV Xtreme Jump Saddle (XJE)
There are two tree options for the Xtreme Jump saddle.
- This one is the XJE, which is built on the Equinox Tree with the longer, sloping cantle (2/2 cantle) .
- The other option for the Xtreme Jump is made on the Nexus Jump tree and has a shorter, flatter seat . The tree needs to be chosen by the horse as most horses will show a definite preference for one over the other.
The THV Xtreme Jump saddle has:
- A well balanced and generous seat with a sloping cantle, to facilitate the rider’s need to close the hip joint and move their seat back, without hindrance, just before take off and when at the exit point of the bascule over a jump. This is also important for going Cross Country and Hunting, where the rider sometimes needs to adopt a slightly more ‘defensive’ riding position in order to maintain security in rather extreme situations!
- Adjustable/removable knee and thigh blocks
- Best quality leathers that are quick to break in and easy to ride in from Day One, with a Bison Print leather used for the flaps and skirts to provide some grip, as shown in the photo above. A soft hide is used for the seat and the pads.
- Shaping and padding down the front and back of the flaps helps to to support the positioning of the riders legs and provide a close, secure feel.
- This Xtreme Jump saddle is built on the Equinox Tree and has flocked panels as standard .
The original Signature Colours of the Xtreme Jump Saddles are Black and Tan as shown, but the saddle can be ordered in other colour and trim. See below for more details.
Choosing the colours in your saddle.
Many riders prefer to stay with classic colours of, all-over black or brown, but other options are available to customise your saddle if that is what you prefer. As this saddle is made for THV by Frank Baines Saddlery, it makes sense for you to use their own, innovative and award winning ‘Build Your Baines’ app, that can be found on their website : https://www.frankbaines.com/bmb/
You won’t see any THV saddle models on their yet, but you can use the example of their Elegance saddle as a reference as it is very similar in its construction to the THV range of saddles. This will show you the options for leathers and colours that you can choose.
Please be aware that some of the leathers, coloured welts and facings that you will see, will add to the basic price of the saddle as shown on this page.
The cantle of this style of saddle can include a cantle insert, cantle welt and crystals if wanted.