After creating the Nexus model in a GPD style, it quickly became obvious that we would need to offer this saddle in a GPJ style as well.
This has the same features found in the GPD, but has a slightly more forward cut shape in the panel and flap, to make it easy to use for jumping as well as flat work. As with all BALANCE General Purpose styles, the Nexus GPJ is a very versatile saddle that can work well for riders at all levels and abilities, from novice to advanced, in flat work, hacking (trail riding) jumping and will take the rider through all phases of combined training events.
- A range of BALANCE tree Widths: J2, J3, J4 . These widths are required by healthy, well developed and correctly trained horses.
- Wool flocked panels as standard but can be ordered with foam panels. All foam panels are covered in Nubuck leather as standard. Nubuck is made from sanding top-grain leather, which is the most common type of leather used to make high-quality leather products. This produces a soft napped surface. Naps are short protein fibres on the leather’s surface that help produce the velvet-like finish. Foam panels are very smooth and flat and this combination can be challenging for some riders to keep laterally stable, so the Nubuck hide provides more grip between the saddle and the pads underneath.
- The leathers used are of the highest quality, with all welts, facings etc. made with leathers that are the best colour match for the saddle. Other options are available. Please see below.
- Three well-spaced girth straps (billets).
- Regular, fixed stirrup bar.
- 5 seat lengths A, B, C, D and E
- Flap length on A = 15″ (38 cm); B & C = 15½” (39.5 cm); D = 16″ (40.5 cm). This is approximate and is measured from the top of the stirrup bar to the bottom of the flap at it’s longest point. The saddle can be ordered with a different flap length, but it is very unusual for this to be necessary.
- Adjustable/removable knee blocks
Choosing the colours in your saddle.
Many riders prefer to stay with classic colours of, all-over black or brown, but other options are available to customise your saddle if that is what you prefer. As this saddle is made for BALANCE by Frank Baines Saddlery, it makes sense for you to use their own, innovative and award winning ‘Build Your Baines’ app, that can be found on their website : https://www.frankbaines.com/bmb/
You won’t see any BALANCE saddle models on their yet, but you can use the example of their Elegance saddle as a reference as it is very similar in its construction to the BALANCE range of saddles. This will show you the options for leathers and colours that you can choose.
Please be aware that some of the leathers, coloured welts and facings that you will see, will add to the basic price of the saddle as shown on this page.
Please note that this style of BALANCE saddle has a cantle that is too low to include a cantle insert, cantle welt or crystals.