There is no doubt that THV/BALANCE saddles allow full, expressive and beautiful movement from the horses, because of their design and the way in which they are fitted and we appreciate that riders need to feel secure and comfortable to be effective.
The Xtreme Dressage Saddle provides great support without blocking the rider’s body movement. A great partnership needs a good connection and this saddle provides that.
The THV Xtreme Dressage Saddle, built on the Nexus Tree.
Great for professional riders and those of you who are doing more demanding competition riding with your horses. The saddle was developed with the professional/competition rider in mind, because so many of you are used to riding in dressage saddles that have a lot of rider support built into them, in the form of large knee blocks, thigh blocks and deep seats. Our preference has always been to work with saddles that are simpler in design so that the rider is allowed and encouraged to manage their own balance and stability rather than rely on the saddle to do this for them.
Specifically designed to make the transition from conventional saddles to the many benefits of THV/BALANCE saddles, as easy as possible.
A very attractive saddle to look at and so comfortable to ride in. Best quality leathers that break in quickly, with a Bison Print leather used on the flaps and skirts to provide some grip and a beautiful soft hide on the seat and pads.
The saddle is built with:
- A supportive front thigh/knee block,
- Hanging e stirrup bars, positioned for dressage,
- A girthing arrangement with long girth straps (billets) as standard, to use with an appropriate length of dressage girth, but the saddle can also be ordered with short girth straps (billets) to cater to horses who prefer the feel and stability of a long girth.
- The front girth strap is on its own webbing strap and the 2nd girth strap comes from a sliding V that evens out pressure along the tree rails.
- The front girth strap comes from immediately behind the points in order to avoid pulling the actual points down into the soft tissues behind the horse’s shoulders.
- A slot in the front of the sweat flap can be used to anchor the front girth strap into a more forward position if necessary/preferred. This is a useful feature for horses with forward girth grooves.
The Xtreme Dressage saddles can also be built on the Equinox Tree (XDE) and can be made with the standard flocked panels, or foam panels, depending on the reference of the horse.
Colour and Customisation Options.
The original signature Colours and leather types for Xtreme Dressage Saddles are shown in the image below, however, other options are available if you want to customise your saddle. See below for more information about this.
- Black bison print solid, for Flaps and Skirts.
- Black hide for the seat , pads, panels, back facing, front facing and cantle insert.
- Tan Welt around the seat and cantle insert.
- Tan stitching
Choosing the colours in your saddle.
Many riders prefer to stay with classic colours of, all-over black or brown, but other options are available to customise your saddle if that is what you prefer. As this saddle is made for THV by Frank Baines Saddlery, it makes sense for you to use their own, innovative and award winning ‘Build Your Baines’ app, that can be found on their website : https://www.frankbaines.com/bmb/
You won’t see any THV saddle models on their yet, but you can use the example of their Elegance saddle as a reference as it is very similar in its construction to the THV range of saddles. This will show you the options for leathers and colours that you can choose.
Please be aware that some of the leathers, coloured welts and facings that you will see, will add to the basic price of the saddle as shown on this page