A very versatile and popular saddle in the THV/BALANCE range and this model and style are based on the first and original BALANCE saddles , made in 1993.
Many riders are understandably suspicious of saddles that go under the heading of ‘General Purpose’ or ‘All Purpose’ because, in an attempt to cater to a variety of riding styles, many GP or AP saddles end up providing little comfort or support for the rider in any position!
As trainers, the BALANCE co-founders were of the same concerns, which is why they paid particular attention to the design of this saddle.
The result of their efforts is a very useful saddle. |It has an open and simple seat profile makes it possible for the rider to ride with a variety of stirrup lengths very comfortably and be in good balance. Whether riding with a longer stirrup for flat work training, or with a shorter stirrup length to make it easy to ride in a more forward position and over jumps, this saddle shape/style keeps out of the rider’s way.
It’s versatility makes it possible for riders to use the same saddle for all 3 phases (Dressage, Show/Stadium Jumping and Cross Country) in Combined Training and Eventing.
It is also used for
- Long-Distance riding
- Starting young horses
- Riding School horses
- Therapy Horses
Standard Specifications are:
- A range of THV/BALANCE tree Widths: 7X, 8X and 9X. These widths relate to the needs of healthy, well developed and correctly trained horses.
- Panels flocked with long-fibre, white wool.
- Short girth straps (billets).
- Regular stirrup bars.
- 4 seat lengths A, B, C, D.
- Flap length on all seat length saddles is 16.5″ (42 m). This is approximate and is measured from the top of the stirrup bar to the bottom of the flap at its longest point. The saddle can be ordered with a different flap length, but it is very unusual for this to be necessary.
- Adjustable/removable knee blocks.
- The leathers used are of the highest quality, with all welts, facings etc. made with leathers that are the best colour match for the saddle. Other options are available. Please see below.
- For more information about the design features found in all BALANCE saddles and the reason for that design, please go to this page.
Choosing the colours in your saddle.
Many riders prefer to stay with classic colours of, all-over black or brown, but other options are available to customise your saddle if that is what you prefer. As this saddle is made for THV by Frank Baines Saddlery, it makes sense for you to use their own, innovative and award winning ‘Build Your Baines’ app, that can be found on their website : https://www.frankbaines.com/bmb/
You won’t see any THV saddle models on their yet, but you can use the example of their Elegance saddle as a reference as it is very similar in its construction to the THV range of saddles. This will show you the options for leathers and colours that you can choose.
Please be aware that some of the leathers, coloured welts and facings that you will see, will add to the basic price of the saddle as shown on this page.
The cantle of this style of saddle can include a cantle insert, cantle welt and crystals if wanted.