The Equinox Dressage Saddle is built on the BALANCE/Equinox Tree that has a higher/steeper cantle than on the GPD and GPJ versions. This provides a little more focus for the rider’s pelvis to be supported into balanced organisation, particularly when spending more time in a sitting trot than in rising as tends to happen in more advanced dressage training and competing.
The shape of the flaps is longer and straighter than on the GPD version of the saddle, to accommodate a longer leg position. This is supported by using a dressage (show) stirrup bar that also allows the stirrup leathers to hang slightly further back. However, the shape of the flaps still maintains a slight curve in order to avoid forcing the rider to adopt a very straight leg position.
The saddle is made of good quality leathers and has a cushioned seat, which creates the almost-instant feel of a well broken in saddle.
The standard specifications for this style of Equinox are:
- A range of THV/BALANCE tree Widths: #2; #3 and #4. These widths are required by healthy, well developed and correctly trained horses.
- A choice of Wool Flocked Panels or Foam Panels
- Short girth straps (billets) but long straps can be ordered.
- Dressage (show) stirrup bars
- 4 seat lengths A, B, C, D
- Flap length. 18 inches This is approximate and is measured from the top of the stirrup bar to the bottom of the flap at it’s longest point.
- Adjustable/removable knee blocks
- Wool-Flocked or Foam Saddle Panels.
- Stirrup Leather Loops in plain leather, but can be ordered without.
Colour Options and Customisation.
Standard Colours are Black or Brown, but if you want an alternative colour and/or customised welt, please contact the office for information on what is currently available.