The Equinox GPD Saddle is built on the BALANCE/Equinox Tree that can have two different cantle shapes to accommodate the needs of many different shapes of rider.
For more information about the different cantle shapes see below.
The flap shape is longer and straighter than on the GPJ version of this saddle, to accommodate a longer leg position, but not as not as straight as the Dressage Version. The GPD style is very versatile and riders choose it for everyday schooling, competing in showing, dressage, hacking and long distance riding. It is forward cut enough for some riders to jump in.
The saddle is made of good quality leathers and has a cushioned seat, which creates the almost-instant feel of a well broken in saddle.
The standard specifications for this style of Equinox are:
- A range of THV/BALANCE tree Widths: #2; #3 and #4. These widths are required by healthy, well developed and correctly trained horses and for Remedial Saddling.
- A choice of Wool Flocking or Foam Panels
- Short girth straps (billets) but long straps can be ordered.
- Regular bars
- 4 seat lengths A, B, C, D
- Flap length 16 inches. This is approximate and is measured from the top of the stirrup bar to the bottom of the flap at it’s longest point.
- Adjustable/removable knee blocks
The 2/1 cantle is the original cantle that the Equinox was designed with. However, BALANCE then introduced the 2/2 cantle which is longer and can be used when the rider needs more room in the seat without making the saddle longer in the tree/panels for the horse. You will see from the images below, that the angles of the cantle are the same, in the 2/1 and 2/2. It is only the length that is different. The 2/2 cantle is also used as standard in the Xtreme Jump saddle, built on the Equinox tree (XJE).
Colour Options and Customisation.
Standard Colours are Black or Brown, but if you want an alternative colour and/or customised seat welt, please contact the office for information on what is available.